1) The name of the club shall be The Coventry Cocker Spaniel Club.
2) The club shall consist of a President, Chairperson, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer and a Committee of not more than ten members who shall retire annually, but shall be eligible for re-election, and an unlimited number of members, whose names and addresses shall be recorded by the Hon. Secretary. Five to form a quorum at a committee meeting.
3) Membership shall be obtained by payment of an annual subscription of £2.50 for single or joint persons. The committee reserve the right to alter these subscriptions, and to refuse membership to any person or persons.
Subscriptions will not be accepted at the A.G.M.
4) The rules of the club may not be altered except at an Annual General Meeting, notice of which includes details of the proposal to alter the rules. Such alterations shall not be brought into force until the Kennel Club has been advised, and approval given.
5) The Officers and Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Nominations shall be made in writing, duly proposed and seconded by fully paid up members, and sent to the Secretary, to arrive no later than fourteen days prior to the Annual General Meeting. Items for inclusion on the agenda shall be sent in writing to the Secretary no later than fourteen days prior to the A.G.M. No persons may be elected to the Committee until they have been a member of the Club for one year and one day.
6) Any member of the Committee being absent from three consecutive meetings without furnishing reasonable excuse, shall be deemed to have resigned, and the Committee may fill the vacancy by co-option. Those co-opted shall only hold office until the next A.G.M.
7a) The Annual General Meeting of members shall be held in May to receive the report of the Committee and the balance sheet, to elect the Committee, and to discuss any resolutions placed on the agenda. No business shall be transacted at an Annual General Meeting unless notice thereof appears on the agenda, with the exception of routine matters, or those which, in the opinion of the Chairperson of the meeting, are urgent.
b) Twenty Eight days notice of the A.G.M. will appear in the Dog Press.
c) Not less than eight members to form a quorum at an Annual General Meeting.
8) An Extraordinary General Meeting can be called at any time, upon fourteen days notice being given by the Committee or Secretary, upon receipt of a request signed by at least ten members, stating the subject to be discussed. No other business other than that on the agenda may be discussed at an Extraordinary General Meeting
9) The management of the Club and the property shall be vested upon the Committee. The Committee shall have the powers to make by-laws and to decide upon any matters not provided for by the rules, but the Kennel Club must be the final authority for interpreting the rules of the club and in all matters relating to canine or Club matters.
10) The financial year to be from 1st January to 31st December. An audited Statement of Accounts for the last financial year must be published annually and will be available for all members at the Annual General Meeting.
11) Any Member who shall be suspended under Kennel Club rule A42j(4) and / or any member whose dog(s) is / are disqualified under Kennel Club rule A42j(8) shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the Society for the duration of the suspension and / or disqualification.
If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the society be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interest of the society, the Committee of the society may, at a meeting the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the Member, determine that a Special General Meeting of the society shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him / her.
Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the accused Member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and hour of the meeting that he / she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the meeting, a resolution to expel is passed by a two-thirds majority of the Members present and voting, his / her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of Members, and he / she shall thereupon cease for all purposes to be a Member of the Society except that he / she may, within two calendar months from the date of such Meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such conditions as the Kennel Club may impose.
12) A Banking Account shall be opened in the name of the Coventry Cocker Spaniel Club into which all revenue of the Club shall be paid. Withdrawals shall only be made on the signature of two or more Officers
13) The Bankers and Auditors of the Club shall be elected annually.
14) In the event of the Club ceasing to exist, any Cups or Trophies owned by the Club shall be offered to other Breed Clubs at the discretion of the Committee. An acknowledgement must be obtained from the donor of any cups or trophies that the gift is made outright to the Club. A Special General Meeting shall be called to decide upon the disposal of any other assets.
15) The Club shall not join any Federation of Societies or Clubs.
16) During the month of January each year Maintenance of Title fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club by Direct Debit.
17) Officers and Committee will not exhibit their own dogs at shows held by this Society.
18) The Society must make a list of Members and their addresses available for inspection if so requested by members of the Society or by the Kennel Club.
19) The Officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year Maintenance of Title fee for the continuance of registration and that by the 31st July each year, other returns, as stipulated in the Kennel Club regulations for the Registration and Maintenance of Title of Societies and Breed Councils and the Affiliation of Agricultural Societies and Municipal Authorities, will be forwarded to the Kennel Club.
The Officers also acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any changes of Secretary of the Society which may occur during the course of the year.
20) No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the Committee of, or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.